1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

KS3 moderation

Discussion in 'Drama and performing arts' started by Lynz2512, Jan 26, 2011.

1. Currently we assess KS3 Drama using the level criteria taken from the 2003 KS3 National Strategy Drama Objectives Bank.
    Assesment takes the format of teacher feedback and grading and peer assessment.
    However - as a dept we were hoping to moderate our indivdiual marking to ensure that students are being treated the same.
    Therefore I am asking for any ideas how this can be done / is this done in your departments?
    Thanks in advance

2. Currently we assess KS3 Drama using the level criteria taken from the 2003 KS3 National Strategy Drama Objectives Bank.
    Assesment takes the format of teacher feedback and grading and peer assessment.
    However - as a dept we were hoping to moderate our indivdiual marking to ensure that students are being treated the same.
    Therefore I am asking for any ideas how this can be done / is this done in your departments?
    Thanks in advance

3. Hey I use an assessment racking grid system which both standardises my marking and enables the students to know their targets. My grid is split into creating performing and responding skills with bullet points relevant for each level box. When I see the evidence I sign students off they and I track their progress based on the skills they achieve. The bullet points aren't too multi meaningful that they are open to need moderation (I feel) I also use this to frame the feedback I give for progression but use for peer assessment too with AFL 2 stars and a wish for example. I will get students to frame their assessment in relation to this grid/criteria as well as meeting objective needs.

Hope that makes sense and what you meant?

Jess

4. Thanks for this - I was wondering how do you compare your makring against others in your dept to check you are are all 'singing form the same hymn sheet'?

5. Use Drama Levels Exemplified DVD to moderate - click this