1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

KS3 MATHS - HELP !!!

Discussion in 'Secondary' started by shakti1501, Jul 21, 2020.

1. shakti1501

shakti1501 New commenter

Hi all

I'm tutoring a friend's daughter in maths and spelling (mainly). Maths is where I am most at sea.

Although I can easily find the topics covered in KS3, can anyone please give any detail as to what specifically is covered in yr 7 and in yr 8 please?

My student has been homeschooled throughout yr 7, but may go back for yr 8. So we'd obviously like her to be at the right place.

Many thanks

Emma

2. gainly

gainly Star commenter

There is lots of information if you search on line for year 7 or year 8 maths. Different schools will not always do the same topic at the same stage. Many schools have information on their websites about which topics are covered each year.

agathamorse and ACOYEAR8 like this.
  3. lemons

lemons New commenter

White Rose Maths have free schemes of work and resources you might find helpful and would probably be a good place to start. You may find the support notes useful for tutoring too.