1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

kS3 levels

Discussion in 'Science' started by happyhev, Jan 18, 2011.

1. Thank you for replying, my daughter said she got a 6a but I thought she must be fibbing as she only got 57 percent on her test. It was an internal test but I imagine the boundaries are much the same as those mentioned (as a percentage). I think we'll be having words!

2. Also another point OP doesn't say it is a SATs paper, maybe it's an internal test and the boundaries have been set based on the amount of L5, L6, L7 Questions. This is how it should be, and not a simple 50% always equals this because SATs do it that way.

3. blazer

blazer Star commenter

If it was a SATs paper then she wouldn't get a 6a but just a 6 as SATs deal in whole levels! Sounds like this was a test on just a small part of the full syllabus in which case the test could be unique to the school.

4. Thanks for all the replies. It was a level 5-7 test, but an internal one. Sounds like I'd better send a quick note to her teacher.