1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

KS3 Levelling 1

Discussion in 'Assessment' started by I_hate_dida, Jun 8, 2011.

1. Do students in your school have one target level across all subjects? or do they have individual levels for each subject?
    Any pros or cons for either method?

Normal

false
    false
    false

EN-GB
    X-NONE
    X-NONE

MicrosoftInternetExplorer4

2. moscowbore

moscowbore Occasional commenter

When I worked in the UK the target levels were a very serious matter. The Fisher Family Trust generated predicted levels and the reported student progress when compared with the FFT predictions were, in some schools, the measure of a teacher. I have seen teacher performance reduced to a spreadsheet exercise. The HODs were happy so long as the spreadsheets showed progress towards the predicted levels. Students falling below the predicted levels was not allowed. Teacher performance reviews were predominantly spent looking at spreadsheet graphs.
    I have never worked in a school which gave one target level across all subjects. I dont see how that is even logical.