1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

KS3 Level Display

Discussion in 'Religious Education' started by fpno@another.com, Jun 21, 2011.

1. Hi all
    http://www.tes.co.uk/teaching-resource/KS3-Level-Displays-6088896/
    Something I created to visually show the different strands of RE with levels. I don't think it is perfect so any constructive criticism would be appreciated. Just wanted some comments or ideas for improvement before I pay £16 to print it out in colour!

For those interested in printing this, Staples charge £3 to print A0 sheets in Black and White.

Farid

2. Hi all
    https://www.tes.co.uk/teaching-resource/KS3-Level-Displays-6088896/
    Something I created to visually show the different strands of RE with levels. I don't think it is perfect so any constructive criticism would be appreciated. Just wanted some comments or ideas for improvement before I pay £16 to print it out in colour!

For those interested in printing this, Staples charge £3 to print A0 sheets in Black and White.

Farid

3. WillowFae

WillowFae New commenter

Looks good! A couple of presentation issues that I would have. I wouldn't use Times New Roman as a font. I'd also try to avoid having split words as it doesn't make reading it very easy.

But these are only minor things :)

4. I really like it Farid, it is far more user friendly than the way the levels are normally presented. I would definitley have something like this stuck in the front of pupils' books as well as on display. I would agree re the split words but other than that am loving it and would be very hqppy to 'borrow' your hard work! Excellent job :)

5. this is amazing- hope you dont mind if i use it! will it print out normally in a4 as well?
    rockgrrl

6. believe81

believe81 New commenter

Great piece of work. Much better than the boring way I have displayed my levels. I agree with the comments about font and splitting words - but again these are just minor things. Thanks for your hard work!!!

7. This is great! Thanks for sharing it. Your hard work will be on walls and books around the country!

8. Thanks for all the positives! I do need to get rid of the split words (is there an easy way of doing this using MS Publisher?).

Fonts - any recommendations?

Thanks

9. Just made a few changes. I have got rid of the split words and changed font to Trebuchet MS. I have also got rid of the pictures because of fear of copyright breaches.

10. That's amazing! Do I just need to take it into Staples on my memory stick and they'll print it A0? Sorry if that sounds like a silly question - the pollen has affected my brain!

11. durgamata

durgamata Occasional commenter

I think that would work. I've done that with smaller things in Staples.

I have added a few suggestions for improvement on the review section. I like the overall idea a lot but am disheartened by the level suggestions as they are so dry and don't encourage creative responses, reflection. imagination or spiritual growth.

Has anyone found a way of creating levels that really encourage this kind of RELIGIOUS understanding, empathy, personal response?

Having said that, I do think that the way of setting the levels out in a clear and visually interesting way is excellent.