1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

KS3 Level Descriptors for DT and Food Technology

Discussion in 'Design and technology' started by foodie06, Jul 8, 2011.

1. Hello

My school is on a mission to make sure that the level descriptors we use at KS3 are correct and adopted by other schools (singing from the same hymn sheet).
    I would be most grateful if anyone could share their level descriptors with me, happy to share what I have. I have said DT and Food because Food I find doesn't quite have the same descriptors as the remaining subjects in DT do (RM, graphics, textiles, electronics) so a seperate Food set of level descriptors or even better yet one set that fits all strands of technology at KS3 would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers :)

2. finamar

finamar New commenter

You'll find lots of examples on the resources section of this site (some of mine are there). The food descriptors are just the same a the rest of technology if you are following the KS3 national curriculum. They are all assessed by the same criteria no matter which subject within technology. You will also find the orginal ones i.e. not in 'child speak' on the NC website.

3. Thanks :)