1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice
  3. The Teacher Q&A will be closing soon.

If you have any information that you would like to keep or refer to in the future please can you copy and paste the information to a format suitable for you to save or take screen shots of the questions and responses you are interested in.

Don’t forget you can still use the rest of the forums on theTes Community to post questions and get the advice, help and support you require from your peers for all your teaching needs.

Dismiss Notice

KS3 Homework Booklets

Discussion in 'Art and design' started by jono1701, May 4, 2011.

1. jono1701

jono1701 New commenter

Hi all,
    I'm trying to put together some homework packs for KS3 that include art history stuff, practical tasks, some functional skills, creative thinking tasks etc. BAsically a booklet to give out at the start of the term to run as homework until the end. Anyone have any ideas/examples of how they do this? I'll obviously share what I come up with and credit anyone who has helped!
    Cheers!
    Jono

2. jono1701

jono1701 New commenter

Hi all,
    I'm trying to put together some homework packs for KS3 that include art history stuff, practical tasks, some functional skills, creative thinking tasks etc. BAsically a booklet to give out at the start of the term to run as homework until the end. Anyone have any ideas/examples of how they do this? I'll obviously share what I come up with and credit anyone who has helped!
    Cheers!
    Jono

3. I don't have anything yet...but am working on something similar and will let you know what I decide!
    Naomi x

4. I will have a look what I have and posted to you

5. jono1701

jono1701 New commenter

Cheers!

6. Hi,
    Did you ever finish your booklet. I am about to start one and if you didn't I can send it on to you. And maybe if you did we could swap?
    I will put it on the TES too as I bet so many teachers are making this kind of thing and just need to share them.
    Rosie

7. artcrisis

artcrisis New commenter

I'll pick some examples up for you after half term at a school I know. I need to send you the Photography CD too...oops, been busy!

8. is there anywhere you can get a copy of something like this. Its a great idea.

9. Hi
    I love my homework booklets! I brought them in for KS3 last year; I've noticed the standard of homework is higher because I clearly state what I want them to do at the top of the sheet whereas in their sketchbook they dont always write down the task/learning objective properly.
    Also, I do an AfL session in my lesson with them - so we discuss as a group why each piece is graded as it is - again, standards shoot up. I nicked that idea from an AST at our school.
    I havent got the sheets all stored electronicallly but if you send me your address via email I will post my booklets out to you so you can get an idea.
    Regards
    x

10. Hi,

I've just read the threads and am wanting to do something similar for KS3, i am finding that their skills are limited and i am constantly saying the same things over and over again to them, i'm hoping a homework booklet would help them improve on skills. Could we share resources and borrow some ideas from each other?

Lucy

11. jono1701

jono1701 New commenter

Sounds good to me. I have started something but not sure it's quite right just yet. Any ideas would be gratefully received!

12. I am planning my homework book ready for September 2012. I used to give a list of objects to observe to bring up the standard of drawing in Year 7. We did this in the back of the sketchbooks to show progression. The boys loved the challenge of it. The list of objects included the classics! toothpaste tube, crushed up can, a pile of cutlery, a shoe etc. We voted on which one to do every other week and then did a group discussion using AfL. It works really well with the list stuck in their sketchbooks.
    Like I said I am now trying to develop it further. I have some ideas of Art History and reseach techniques, but not sure what else to add. Would be great to share some. My email is missforbes76@googlemail.com, if anyone wants to swap ideas.

13. Hello all,
    I am currently undertaking a Masters in teaching and learning and am planning on implementing project books for my final dissertation starting in September 2012. I would be hugely grateful if anyone would be prepared to share their resources. I am focusing on Year 7 White Working Class Boys with low literacy/numeracy levels. They are generally the students who fail to complete homeworks and so i am aiming to make the workbooks relative to their interests whilst incorporating a variety of tasks and outcomes reflective of VAK and preferred learning styles.
    I have adapted our SOW to be more skills focused through use of APP and now really want to extend learning with exciting extended learning. I am planning on using a positive reinforcement /rewards/ points system with the incentive of (additional ) artist workshops for them (and potentially their parents) as a reward for their engagement.
    If anyone has used any similar approaches then please get in touch, i will happily share my resources and findings once i get the ball rolling! (my email is deank04@leedslearning.net)

14. Hi Fiona if you get anything can you message me and I will forward my email address.

Thanks in advance!