1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

KS3 German Textbooks

Discussion in 'Heads of department' started by macauley22, Jan 11, 2012.

1. Hi All,

This is my first post on here. We are currently running German as an extracurricular activity, currently we produce our own resources and use them without the aid of textbooks however I really want the club to advance thus begin using textbooks to consolidate learning. But as it is an extracurricular activity we don't have any budget :( So I am wondering if anyone has any old, unused textbooks just sitting in their store cupboard could you please help us out. I am sure those of you who have ran extra curricular activities you know how hard it is! We are going to do a raffle to get some sort of budget. We may be able to buy them (depending on price) or for those who are feeling generous as I know sometimes they are unsellable for any reason however that would not bother us. We only need about 10/15.

Feel free to email me at:
    macauley22@hotmail.co.uk

2. Hi All,

This is my first post on here. We are currently running German as an extracurricular activity, currently we produce our own resources and use them without the aid of textbooks however I really want the club to advance thus begin using textbooks to consolidate learning. But as it is an extracurricular activity we don't have any budget :( So I am wondering if anyone has any old, unused textbooks just sitting in their store cupboard could you please help us out. I am sure those of you who have ran extra curricular activities you know how hard it is! We are going to do a raffle to get some sort of budget. We may be able to buy them (depending on price) or for those who are feeling generous as I know sometimes they are unsellable for any reason however that would not bother us. We only need about 10/15.

Feel free to email me at:
    macauley22@hotmail.co.uk

3. noemie

noemie Occasional commenter

You'd be better off posting this on the MFL forum - there's quite a lot of people on there.

4. noemie

Sorry, just seen you've done that as I posted that last message! Great minds...

5. noemie

yes, though the D is composed of two full-timers and two people who teach bits and bobs, so not very big!

6. Haha, I'm a pupil but plan all the lessons that we do in German as our school doesn't teach it. I'm trying to make it more like a department but not going the best of ways so I have now declared myself HOD! :p Which certainly made the other two members of staff laugh. I teach it all and they really just supervise and assist when necessary. So I have decided to write a department handbooks in preparation for september! :D

7. noemie

8. What department is it you teach?