1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

KS3 Drama advice carousel

Discussion in 'Drama and performing arts' started by madjessy, Jan 11, 2011.

1. Hi I was wondering if anyone has been in a similar situation to me and could offer me any advice.

In my school we currently offer Drama at KS3 once a fortnight in a 2 week timetable. The problems we also have is continuity. I am now into my 2nd term and can say I do not know he names of all the kids I teach even though I know their strengths weaknesses etc. But no matter how good the plenary in the previous lesson I and my staff have to spend a significant amount of time topping up this learning in next lesson especially if required.
    My school wishes to pursue a carousel system with music art and life skills in which I would see a class once a week instead for a concentration of weeks (8 ish) then move onto a new class. Instinctively I feel it would improve our cross dept collaboration in the future and would help progress, perhaps a pain will be reports cycles but the info could be stored.

Has anyone had any experience of how this worked for them in practice?
    Did teaching/learning improve?
    Any negatives I can't foresee?

Cheers in advance
    Jess