1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

KS3 Descriptors based on Edexcel

Discussion in 'Music' started by cate50, Nov 3, 2015.

1. cate50

cate50 New commenter

Hi all,

Am just about to embark upon a huge task and so I thought I would send out a message before starting to ask if anyone has already created a set of KS3 "level" (or rather NON level!) descriptors worked backwards from the Edexcel new GCSE spec? If you have then please can I be cheeky and nick them!? And if no one has already then does anyone fancy collaberating with me to create some? Maybe take a strand each? Performing to one person, compsing to another etc? then we can look over each others ideas and wording and see if it works. Just a thought. If not I shall continue alone! :-(

Thanks!!!

Cate

2. muso2

muso2 Established commenter Community helper

The link below takes you to ISM's new non-level assessment criteria. There was also a webinar at the start of October which is free to download, and features Martin Fautley, massive authority on assessment in music. Realise this doesn't answer your question re edexcel, but might also give a useful starting point.

http://www.ism.org/nationalcurriculum