1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

KS3 Coordinator pay query

Discussion in 'English' started by JaneBennet, Jun 2, 2012.

1. JaneBennet

JaneBennet Occasional commenter

Hi,
    I posted this on Pay & Conditions too, but thought this may be a better place!
    I was wondering if any KS3 Coordinators / HoDs / SLT out there could tell me how much a KS3 Coordinator for English is usually paid. I can't seem to find anything definitive - perhaps because it varies, in which case I'd be really interested to know the average. It would be great if you could answer in £s - TLRs confuse me [​IMG]. I thought something between £1500 and £2500 was likely...?
    Thanks for your help!

2. JaneBennet

Hi,
    I posted this on Pay & Conditions too, but thought this may be a better place!
    I was wondering if any KS3 Coordinators / HoDs / SLT out there could tell me how much a KS3 Coordinator for English is usually paid. I can't seem to find anything definitive - perhaps because it varies, in which case I'd be really interested to know the average. It would be great if you could answer in £s - TLRs confuse me [​IMG]. I thought something between £1500 and £2500 was likely...?
    Thanks for your help!

3. GloriaSunshine

GloriaSunshine New commenter

It will depend on the TLR structure in the school - the post should have a TLR attached to it. I thought the lowest was about £2,500. In a small school, there might be just an extra free in some departments but there has always been a TLR for English in schools where I've worked.

4. JaneBennet

Thanks, Gloria; that's really helpful.
    I ask because I'm being asked to run KS3, effectively in its entirety, for about £1500, and am very curious to know how this compares to payment for a similar role in other schools. I'm really excited at the prospect, but unsure how to approach establishing terms and conditions (I'm not sure negotating payment's an option in this instance)... If anyone else has any input, I'd be really interested...

5. Hi Jane - how are you getting on with your KS3 role? I have an interview for a KS3 role with a responsibility for English Plus also. I am just gathering lots of ideas at the moment but wondered how you found running KS3? Are there any particular things you would say have worked really well? Thanks!