1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

KS3 / 4 co-ordinator.

Discussion in 'Computing and ICT' started by Mroneill13, Dec 11, 2011.

1. Mroneill13

Mroneill13 New commenter

Hi,

A ks 3 and 4 co-ordinator jobs have came up in our department. What exactly would I be expected to do for these jobs and would it be worth a 5k pay rise per year?

2. Mroneill13

Mroneill13 New commenter

Hi,

A ks 3 and 4 co-ordinator jobs have came up in our department. What exactly would I be expected to do for these jobs and would it be worth a 5k pay rise per year?

3. First thing is it depends on the specific job as advertised, and your first port of call should be SMT/HoD.

I would expect you would take responsibility for developing the KS3 curriculum, monitoring assessment, choosing courses for KS4, making sure students are making progress, monitoring CA procedures, etc.

I'd seriously consider it for 5k but no-one knows whether it's a good deal for you, except you.

4. Totally80s

Totally80s New commenter

5K payrise! This is a top of TLR2 payrate so I hope you will be line managing 3 maybe 4 staff and taking the flak when it's not going so well. Our 2nd gets less than this and does a fine job and many HoD's would like to get 5K to run 3 keystages.
    Realistically a sole KS coordinator will be maybe 2-2.5K extra per year. Any more and you have to ask why.

5. JaquesJaquesLiverot

JaquesJaquesLiverot Established commenter

It seems a strange time to be advertising those sorts of jobs when:
    a) academies seem to be doing away with key stages (as they don't have to follow the National Curriculum, as I understand it)
    b) students seem to be starting their KS4 qualifications when they're about 8.
    I think I'd be asking about what happens to those jobs when you become an academy. Our local academy promoted loads of staff to "Subject Directors" when they changed to the dark side, and a year later most of them were made redundant.