1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

KS2/Year 6 end of year production

Discussion in 'Primary' started by rosyanna, May 17, 2009.

1. rosyanna

rosyanna New commenter

I'm sure a lot of us are starting rehearsals for the end of year production now that sats are over.
    What are people doing? We are doing 'Gel' - not overly impressed so far [wasn't my choice], so was wondering if anyone is doing something really good that they woud recommend.
    We did The Grannies one year, that was fun, good songs.

2. Roald Dahl's Jack and the Beanstalk for us, should be good!

3. Edgy Productions' 'School Daze' for us (scene 3 replaced with a look back at pop music!)

4. TweedJacket

TweedJacket New commenter

Over the past couple of years we've done 'Annie' and 'Bugsy Malone', both of which went down very well. Each script was adapted by myself using film and musical versions as a basis.

This year we have some very talented singers and dancers in Y6 so I wrote a musical from scratch; it's called "What a Feeling!" and is set in the 80's - I can send you the script if you like but don't forget my royalties if you use it! lol

ultimatedingbat likes this.
  5. Emadam, did you write a play script for your .....'s got talent? Or did you just have a talent show introduced by one child? It's something that I'm thinking about doing but want to ensure that all are involved and that it doesn't come accross as disjointed.

6. netmum

netmum New commenter

You know this was illegal don't you?
    We are doing Annie Jr in the summer. Already adapted to an hour long version for an all child cast £395 from Weinbergers including licence, backing tracks, scripts and vocal score.

7. manda1875

manda1875 New commenter

Don't suppose I COULD GET A COPY AS WELL?
    Many

8. manda1875

manda1875 New commenter

9. But I wasn't looking at you, dear.

10. Hi,
    I was wondering if you'd be so kind as to send me a copy of this script too. From another Y6 teacher needing some help with play writing :eek:)

Thanks in advance

clairehuntington@hotmail.com

11. Cez24

Cez24 New commenter

Thanks for the script!
    I'll have a read through, had a quick skim, just wondering if it was a bit too hard going on the year 6s, looks a bit complicated. but thanks x

12. TweedJacket

You're welcome Cez - it is ambitious yes but I wrote it specifically with our current Y6 in mind; we have a core of about 8 very good girl dancers who attend a local dance school, another set who are really into their drama and some excellent singers so I'm expecting it to be the best we've since I've been at the schoo (hopefully!)

Jontyblue - let you off then! [​IMG]

Other peeps - check inboxes. [​IMG]

13. TweedJacket

... and don't forget me royalties! lol

14. please could I have a copy as well - pretty please.
    norfolk0612@yahoo.co.uk

15. Do you still have the script that you wrote for Bugsy? I've applied for the license and the am paying for the vocla score, but need to trim down the play and wondered if I could use yours as a starting point. I'd be eternally grateful. I'm at ZeniaMc@gmail.com.
    Thanks.
    Z

16. Can i be cheeky and ask for a copy please?
    I promise i'll send you the royalities :)
    ebrohoon@gmail.com
    Thanks in advance

17. Thank you for the quick reply.
    The show looks great :)

18. gleam2000

gleam2000 New commenter

We did Scheherazade last year (Starshine musicals) and are doing The Keymaster (Starshine) this year.
    Last year was fantastic! Great music, costumes and opportunity for dance.
    We haven't really started rehearsing this year's but there I already have the theme in my head..arggh!

19. TweedJacket

You're welcome, although we only have 5 weeks left until we're on and I'm starting feeling the pressure already! lol

20. i've just got this ! the tracks dont have singing and our singers not too enthusiastic about learning the songs the old fashioned way!
    How you getting on? maybe we can suppport each other through it! :)