1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

KS2 Writing SATs 2012

Discussion in 'Primary' started by gemmakate24, Aug 2, 2011.

1. I have had a look on the Dfe website and the info about next years writing SATs seems very vague. Is it confirmed that teacher assessment will be used for a creative writing task and then punctuation, grammar and spelling be tested separately? Or is it still up in the air? What do people think about this? Though I don't like the writing SATs I'm not too delighted about a new spelling test (if it had a higher weighting anyway).

2. I have had a look on the Dfe website and the info about next years writing SATs seems very vague. Is it confirmed that teacher assessment will be used for a creative writing task and then punctuation, grammar and spelling be tested separately? Or is it still up in the air? What do people think about this? Though I don't like the writing SATs I'm not too delighted about a new spelling test (if it had a higher weighting anyway).

3. Still suggestions at the moment as far I understand it. Nothing concrete changed as yet. I would be very happy for it to be teacher assessment - third year in a row my higher level writers were denied the deserved Level 5.

4. I thought the same thing and then read something which referred to the changes for next year. It will ne nice not to spend months worrying about the genre and the children not being interested in it. Couldn't have been any more awful than breaking the record for bouncing on a trampoline! :) Thank you to you both for
    your replies.

5. http://www.education.gov.uk/schools/teachingandlearning/Assessment/a00197755/key-stage-2-assessment-in-2012

6. Gloriousness

Gloriousness New commenter

oh my god tm73 I love you

7. I said the same to the person who passed it on to me.

9. dobby

dobby New commenter

Brilliant! Thanks for this :)

10. Does anyone remember any of the spelling words in the script Atlantis as they seem to be pretty hard. Or does anyone know if it is from the book