1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Ks2 to foundation just how hard will it be?

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by bluey9, Feb 26, 2012.

1. bluey9

bluey9 New commenter

Hi being asked to work in foundation after ten years in ks2. Terrified. I'm worried about the extra workload but excited at the same time. Any wise words?

2. bluey9

bluey9 New commenter

Hi being asked to work in foundation after ten years in ks2. Terrified. I'm worried about the extra workload but excited at the same time. Any wise words?

3. Msz

Msz Established commenter

Get plenty of rest and machine washable clothes [​IMG] Seriously early years is physically demanding so be prepared to be exhausted

4. Hi
    I moved from ks2 to foundation phase in September. I have to say I love it! I've accessed every course I can and visited other settings which was really good to see what others were doing. Just had an LA lesson observation and scrutiny of books and planning and assessment which was daunting but passed with flying colours so really relieved and happy to know I am doing the right thing. I am busy and don't seem to stop all day but I know I made the right move. Any help or advice I can give you I will gladly, but I'm sure you'll be just fine.

5. I moved from Year 6 to Reception last year and the first year was a real shock to the system. It takes a while to get used to but this year I feel like I've found my feet a bit more and feel much more content.

Always have packets of tissues or wet-wipes about your person and prepare to tie 1000 shoelaces a day! You'll love it!