1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

KS2 Science Sampling

Discussion in 'Primary' started by Milgod, Feb 14, 2011.

1. Milgod

Milgod Established commenter

We found out last week.

Probably going to have science five afternoons a week and booster science lunchtime clubs three days a week. Will send at least two science homeworks a week now as well.

2. We've been selected too... it's annoying but just gives us an excuse for lots of practical science to 'revise'.
    We won't be doing boosters though - want the children to do as well as they can and to be prepared, but we're going to do it in a way that's fun for them and doesn't eat in to their 'free time'.

3. Milgod

Milgod Established commenter

I am shocked that anyone would believe I was telling the truth. Lunchtime booster science! Not my cup of tea.

I will be carrying on with my normal two hours a week.

4. tafkam

tafkam Occasional commenter

I'd admit to my own stupidity, but I'm afraid it just isn't so. Had I looked more closely at your username, I might have thought more about it. But sadly, such a response doesn't seem beyond possibility to me.
    How sad.
    But I apologise for any sleight, entirely unintended I assure you [​IMG]

5. Don't sweat over too much revision. We were selected last year and children found the questions so ridiculously easy they thought it was a trick! Example: Showed children a picture of a sieve and asked them to name the piece of equipment!

6. teachers-pet

teachers-pet New commenter

Aren't the science tests only used to oversee how schools are getting on? I didn't think the results were published?

We're having a science camp after the SATs to go through everything in a fun way and then doing optionals lol

7. We found out today - in fact i've just logged on to here to see if there was a thread.

I'm not going to do anything different to be honest.