1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

KS2 SATS thread. (The week we all hate!)

Discussion in 'Primary' started by Bobiyexew47, May 12, 2012.

1. groovyshell83

groovyshell83 Occasional commenter

what was the last question?

2. polly2

polly2 New commenter

Total in a class.

3. groovyshell83

groovyshell83 Occasional commenter

ah yeah. I was reading for a child with a statement so i didn;t even go near it¬

4. polly2

polly2 New commenter

This is so so sad. It breaks my heart to see the fear on their faces too.

5. It was a big circle for multiples of 2 (put the ten in there) with a small circle inside that for multiples of 4 (put the 12 in there). It was another weird way of getting them to explain the premise that all multiples of 4 are also multiples of 2, but not all multiples of 2 are multiples of 4 hee hee. YEAH > > > > ratio tomoz!

6. Milgod - didn't say there was anything wrong with trial and error - just not something I would usually encourage when it fills up a whole page of the paper and takes up a hec of a lot of time! I laughed at the state of the kids papers and hope that the marker can work it all out!

7. CarrieV

CarrieV Lead commenter

Mine liked the class one! Many of them just drew a circle for the class, put on a quarter for the boys and labelled the rest 18, it was easy then to see you needed to split the 18 in three.

We draw lots of fractions!!!

8. Ktee

Ktee New commenter

I'm with you. Mental horrendous! I have middle set (3bs-4bs) and generally they were happy after Paper A, not so happy after mental. Fingers crossed for tomorrow.

9. Does anyone know where the level thresholds are to be found fo rthe internally marked writing papers? we have marked all of ours now cannot find how to match score to level!

10. docendo discimus

docendo discimus New commenter

They have been published - 25 for L4 and 38 for L5 off top of head?!

11. docendo discimus

docendo discimus New commenter

12. Thank you. Everytime I go on the DFE web page I either lose something or find something that I haven't been doing! It's like a hidden maze. It would make a good writing task - Write instructions how to hide important documents form the people who need them the most!

13. bernie30

bernie30 New commenter

Anyone else feel it had same types of questions to 2010 and 2011 A papers??? Seen some...

14. sallymgoodman

sallymgoodman New commenter

My AS boy (with ENORMOUS handwriting) tackled the marbles question by trial and error - giving Seb one more each time. He finally got them to add up to 30 when he had covered the entire page AND half his desk... Showing his working with a vengeance!

15. I actually disagree - I thought the mental was the nicest I have seen in a while. I was stood near a couple my weaker kids that are my boarderline 3/4. One of them really struggles on mental tests as needs processing time and he generally averages 6-8 in the mental tests. I calculated he got around 11 and he came out saying it was easier than normal. The temperature one was the only one I thought would throw them a bit. Paper a was also ok. A couple of sneaky ones that previous posters have mentioned I.e. Venn, marbles and last but generally pretty nice. Also didn't seem to have as many questions as there has sometimes been in previous years. Got me worried about thresholds as an concerned they might go up a couple of marks which could hinder boarderliners!!!! Must say am expecting a stinker tomorrow!!! Good luck for final test!!! Oh and would love to hear what the external English tasks were as we did internals. I know one was a letter but what was the concept behind writing?

16. Hmmmmm....

17. sallymgoodman

A few co-ordinates and averages for today's early morning work, I think...

18. sallymgoodman

I've just checked the thresholds for the Internal writing - 25 for 4, 38 for 5. Both up two from last year.

19. Technically the Venn diagram was an Euler diagram...apparently. :)