1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

KS2 Sats Revision

Discussion in 'Primary' started by teresa35, Jan 14, 2016.

1. teresa35

teresa35 New commenter

I was wondering if anyone had begun to put a timetable together yet for revision. As a school we have just purchased the Rising Stars Achieve. When they arrive I was going to organise them into weekly sections of areas. Just wondering if anyone else had given it a thought.
    Thank you

2. Studyzonetv

Studyzonetv Occasional commenter

Hello. We are just beginning to think about booster groups, but I don't usually start revision of all topics until much nearer the SATs. I do however very much plan according to the gap analysis from tests we've done.

3. Effiepie

Effiepie New commenter

As above.
    I've created a medium term overview of maths t&l that is needed to address the new curriculum and gap analysis from last bank of testing. This will be reviewed and amended following the next lot. After-school boosters started this half term, during which we tend to take a more informal approach to teaching,. There will be games and activities for one set of learners and perhaps application/ extension opportunities for others.
    Fortunately the children at my school are super-keen and they have been champing at the bit to begin boosters. They see it as a rite of passage!

4. Studyzonetv

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 8, 2016
    Effiepie likes this.
  5. red1984

red1984 New commenter

I want to start organising our interventions too- I don't want them to start too close to May. What groups are you having? We're thinking of: basic number skills (4 operations, times tables), handwriting and spelling, basic SPaG.....I'm new to this so any suggestions are welcomed!

6. Blimper

Blimper New commenter

We have 60 children in Year 6 and almost half are having a 1:1 or 1:2 booster session before or after school once a week. We are covering basic maths skills and times tables, spellings, grammar and punctuation and each child has a pack of activities which we have put together according to what they need when we have analysed tests.

7. Studyzonetv

We have 120 children in year 6. Groups range from afternoon interventions, lunchtime groups and after school groups. For the after school clubs we try and keep them as fun as possible - it is their own time after all - with quizzes, competitions and of course, biscuits!

Groups include:
    Good luck. Let the hard work begin!

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 8, 2016
  8. togethernet

togethernet New commenter