1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

KS2 SATs/QCAs English...

Discussion in 'Teaching overseas' started by rta, May 6, 2012.

1. rta

rta

Hello there -
    I am trying this post under assessment and international as I am based overseas. I have been trawling the internet for a couple of hours about this to no avail! I am wondering if anyone knows what is happening with the Y3-5 QCA tests now that the Y6 English SATS format will be changing next year? Will there be similar tests created for the other year groups?
    As I understand it the QCA has been dissolved... but I can't figure out what there will be instead. We currently use the QCAs as our end of year summative asessment, and am just trying to be ready for next year.
    I am also wondering if anyone can tell me about external markers for SATS when they are done overseas? Cheers.
    Many thanks for any answers!

2. cityfree

cityfree New commenter

The computer software you're talking about it Testbase. It is okay but not exhaustive.

In my school we use RS for Science. I can't really find it very useful. The test questions are badly written and often very unclear on what they are looking for.

3. lovely.lady

lovely.lady Occasional commenter

That's it! Thank you. I like the way in which you can pick and choose questions based on different criteria, topic, level, skill etc. It's not exhaustive but we all look at these scheme assessments and not one of them is perfect so why not compile our own?