1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

KS2 "SATs" Parents Evening.

Discussion in 'Primary' started by paulie86, Feb 6, 2012.

1. paulie86

paulie86 New commenter

Has anyone done one of these for their Year 6 parents? I am struggling as to what to say. I am fine going through the style content of the tests, but am a bit stumpped pastorally! This is what I have scripted:
    <u><font face="Times New Roman">S.A.T.s</font></u> They will be held week beginning: Monday 14th May. Please see the timetable on letters. NB Science is solely teacher assessed this year. A small number of HA children will be entered for Level 6 tests in the week beginning Mon 21st May
    No authorised absence will be granted. Dental and medical appointments would be best avoided, if unavoidable please contact school ASAP.
    Illness, unless severe, or contagious please make sure you get your child in, they can always go home, if needed, after the test. If infectious or incapacitating, please contact school to see if we can make alternative arrangements.
    School will be as normal as possible. Tests are in the normal room, with the child&rsquo;s normal teacher. UNLESS alternative arrangements are in place e.g. a reader or extra time.
    Usual lessons afterwards, usually the tests are first thing in the morning, breaks might be different, comfort breaks maybe needed, as seen fit by the class teachers.
    Pupils can bring a small snack to eat in morning registration, as healthy as possible please (but a small choc to boost blood sugar is fine) + between tests.
    Make sure they have their water bottle.
    Healthy breakfast and lots of sleep
    Revision leading to the tests should be little and often, don&rsquo;t overlook the basics: such as practising the tables and reading for meaning.
    BBC revision sites + Education City.
    Equipment: Pens, pencils, ruler.
    RESULTS: tests are externally marked and subject teachers will inform the children as soon as possible. Parents will then receive a letter reporting the test results and teacher assessment levels for English and Maths.

Can any one spot anything I have missed/ should add? Cheers, Paulie

2. paulie86

paulie86 New commenter

Has anyone done one of these for their Year 6 parents? I am struggling as to what to say. I am fine going through the style content of the tests, but am a bit stumpped pastorally! This is what I have scripted:
    <u><font face="Times New Roman">S.A.T.s</font></u> They will be held week beginning: Monday 14th May. Please see the timetable on letters. NB Science is solely teacher assessed this year. A small number of HA children will be entered for Level 6 tests in the week beginning Mon 21st May
    No authorised absence will be granted. Dental and medical appointments would be best avoided, if unavoidable please contact school ASAP.
    Illness, unless severe, or contagious please make sure you get your child in, they can always go home, if needed, after the test. If infectious or incapacitating, please contact school to see if we can make alternative arrangements.
    School will be as normal as possible. Tests are in the normal room, with the child&rsquo;s normal teacher. UNLESS alternative arrangements are in place e.g. a reader or extra time.
    Usual lessons afterwards, usually the tests are first thing in the morning, breaks might be different, comfort breaks maybe needed, as seen fit by the class teachers.
    Pupils can bring a small snack to eat in morning registration, as healthy as possible please (but a small choc to boost blood sugar is fine) + between tests.
    Make sure they have their water bottle.
    Healthy breakfast and lots of sleep
    Revision leading to the tests should be little and often, don&rsquo;t overlook the basics: such as practising the tables and reading for meaning.
    BBC revision sites + Education City.
    Equipment: Pens, pencils, ruler.
    RESULTS: tests are externally marked and subject teachers will inform the children as soon as possible. Parents will then receive a letter reporting the test results and teacher assessment levels for English and Maths.

Can any one spot anything I have missed/ should add? Cheers, Paulie

3. Joi

Joi New commenter

https://community.tes.co.uk/forums/p/347668/4939338.aspx#4939338