1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

KS2 SATs marking

Discussion in 'Primary' started by miss detention, May 20, 2010.

1. Hi,
    Can anyone tell me how I can become a KS2 SATs marker for the next academic year? I've tried searching online but couldn't find the details of the company who recruits markers.
    Thanks in advance

2. markuss

markuss Occasional commenter

You'll find nothing because there are no KS 2 SATs. SATs are tests for university entrance and are only in the pilot stage in the UK (but very big in the USA).
    You're thinking of the primary school baby name "sats" which is a nickname for national curriculum tests (or "NCTs", as they're known in the assessment profession).
    You could start here:
    http://www.qcda.gov.uk/assessment/3903.aspx
    and follow the "Examiners and markers" link.

3. Milgod

Milgod Established commenter

Who was it who had a go at me for telling you to shut up? I don't really care actually because i'm going to say it again.

SHUT UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I like to pick up on the small things myself but the stating over and over and over again about NC bloody Ts is pathetic. I bet you have 7 cats and sky+ Corrie every night.

4. inq

inq

I'm also not sure what will be happening about Y6 testing next year but try registering here:-
    https://www.edexcelgateway.com/aa2/user/login2.aspx
    which is where current markers go to submit marks etc. Right hand side says register if you want to be a marker.

5. markuss

markuss Occasional commenter

(And you'll see the NCT link.)

6. ShowerGel

ShowerGel Established commenter

Good grief!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!