1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

KS2 SATs markers - who's marking this year?

Discussion in 'Primary' started by lollyxx, Feb 11, 2012.

1. Have had my contract through to mark again this year..... Anyone else marking again is year?

Marking the reading this year, will be interesting to see what the paper is like to mark!

2. Have had my contract through to mark again this year..... Anyone else marking again is year?

Marking the reading this year, will be interesting to see what the paper is like to mark!

3. I am - not sure what I will be marking as I am a TL.

4. Don't they tell you what subject you will mark as a TL?

5. seekingstars

seekingstars New commenter

Have pmed you

6. Oops! of course they do - but as an English marker there have been changes this year - as Writing is now optional!

7. How do you become a SATs marker? I have wanted to do this for a while and never known how to get into it. I am a qualified primary teacher. Thanks

8. slippeddisc

slippeddisc New commenter

Is it? When did this happen? How come?
    Sorry just being nosy. I got a new job after Christmas and it's amazing how quickly I felt out of the loop!

9. I would like to become a SATs marker - how do you go about this please?

10. Brucetta

Brucetta New commenter

When did you find out?

I applied online for the maths a while back and even resent them a reference they had requested but have heard nothing. Although the website does now say applications closed today.

Should I assume from this that I have been unsuccessful? Do they usually let you know either way?

11. razziegyp

razziegyp New commenter

I'm marking Reading only.....thank goodness!

12. Yes I am just doing the reading too... although got to mark all of KS2 writing at my school LOL!!