1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

ks2 SATS 2012 maths threshold predictions...

Discussion in 'Primary' started by Ebifini, May 20, 2012.

1. Could the threshold for Level 4 go above 48?
    Predictions...

2. Anyone?

3. I wouldn't have thought so. Maybe up to 47 as it was 45 last year; they don't usually go up or down by more than a couple of points. The paper was fairly straightforward this year, and the focus seems to be on reading so maybe there might be more of a change there.

4. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

It 'can' yes. And occasionally has done. But it isn't likely.

5. When are the thresholds available?

6. Anyone else got their papers back yet?

7. Got mine back this week. Not too bad. Keen to see the thresholds though. Think they're released on the 10th July.

8. We had ours back 02/07/12, results seem ok am also waiting for thresholds

9. What do you think the reading threshold for level 4 will be?

10. 48 L4/ 78 L 5.

11. Well a complete and utter guess but I would say based on responses from the forum and our papers so far:
    Reading
    L4:20
    L5:35
    Maths
    L4:50
    L5: 80
    English overall (who knows!)

12. kezzy36

kezzy36 New commenter

I had a conversation with a ex national strategies numeracy adviser last week who had heard that the threshold for maths would be 47

13. miles off with Maths, it won't go up to 50 seeing as it has never been higher than 47. I think they may creep it up to 48 though. As for reading I hope you too high with the L5, I think the threshold will be 32 or 33 as it was a tough paper and "Sugarplum" slowed many of them right down.

14. qforshort

qforshort New commenter

I hate to say it but judging by our results I think all thresholds will be quite high this year

15. oogiemac

oogiemac New commenter

I sadly concur.

16. it would really help me out if it was 18 but i don't think i'll be that lucky! going by last year's thresholds, i'm not thrilled with the reading, but the maths is amazing. thank god for writing TA!

17. also http://www.education.gov.uk/schools/teachingandlearning/assessment/keystage2/pupil/b00209308/english-levels/english-formula this link tells you about english overall and how to calculate a level etc.

18. I agree as long as Maths L4 doesn't go above 48 and L5 above 80 and Reading above 19 and 31 I'll be very very happy.