1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

KS2 SATS 2010 Level Thresholds

Discussion in 'Primary' started by lowra84, Dec 2, 2010.

1. Does anybody know where I can find the 2010 level thresholds for mathematics, reading and writing?

2. tafkam

tafkam Occasional commenter

3. Snap!

4. tafkam

tafkam Occasional commenter

Great minds!

5. Thanks, just what I was looking for.

6. Are there level thresholds for the KS2 2010 Science assessment which was used in sample schools? I've found copies of the test papers and mark scheme but can't find any level thresholds.
    Thank you!

7. marlin

marlin Star commenter Forum guide

8. Anyone have the sub-levels?!

9. Can't find it yet, but we normally split it into 3 sub levels and adjust for the middle level to be the biggest by 2 marks on either side. Normally works. Teacher Assessment is then given for children who we think have shown evidence of working above or below the level achieved and note this evidence in their transition reports.
    2 years ago I had a child who achieved a level 5a on one maths paper and a 4c on the other in Mid-Year tests (used past papers - don't frown on me, it's easy and gives us levels!). After speaking to the child (who had done this paper for fun (don't ask!)) and her parents we agreed to double her total for the initial paper to give a level - which was an accurate one. We <u>did</u> learn that she had a photographic memory - who knew!!!
    Liz

10. Did you manage to take off the 2010 Science sampling thresholds because I need them now and they have been replaced on the QCDA site with 2011? Help!

11. Does anyone have a new link with the levels for the 2010 tests? The QCDA links no longer work.
    Thanks

12. marlin

marlin Star commenter Forum guide

13. Super - thank you - I was going round in circles until I found your post.

14. Hi, did you ever find the 2010 level thresholds? I am still looking