1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

KS2 Sample maths tests

Discussion in 'Primary' started by Spugs21, Feb 5, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Spugs21

Spugs21 New commenter

Just wondering if anyone had completed the sample materials with their children yet and what kinds of average scores they are getting? I'm sure everyone is feeling the same dread without being able to get an idea of whether or not children are on track to meet the new expectations. Needless to say, my LA children, who would have been pushing for a 4c, are scoring really badly on the reasoning papers. Please tell me it's not just mine???

2. Spugs21

Spugs21 New commenter

Also, whilst I'm here, has anyone found any good practise materials? I feel there's little point in doing past papers as the level is so much higher.

3. Spugs21

Spugs21 New commenter

4. CarrieV

CarrieV Lead commenter

Mine were dire! They ranged from a total of 21 ( struggles at level 3/4) to 89 ( consistently high level 5) .
    We do the ****** arithmetic half tests weekly and some level 5 questions from previous years but otherwise are just cramming in as much content as we can!

5. CarrieV

CarrieV Lead commenter

Clearly didn't like t-w-i-n-k-l !

6. teacup71

teacup71 Occasional commenter

I am pleased with our arithmetic scores now. Using CGP , Rising Stars and the above resources.
    Going to keep going on arithmetic as really pulling up scores across the board.

7. Maths_Shed

Maths_Shed Occasional commenter

Do you have a link to sample materials?

8. CarrieV

CarrieV Lead commenter

9. Maths_Shed

10. star9

star9 New commenter

Have you tried the White Rose maths hub materials. you have to sign up but everything is free

teacup71 likes this.
  11. star9

star9 New commenter

12. Maths_Shed

13. Maths_Shed

14. s1oux

s1oux New commenter

that generator is awesome: just downloaded it. Am struggling to randomize though - possibly shortcut is different on a mac?

15. s1oux

s1oux New commenter

ok, got it ctrl + f9

16. Maths_Shed