1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

KS2 performance poetry

Discussion in 'Primary' started by choccie77, Feb 7, 2008.

1. Does anyone know of any online clips of poetry being performed? My class have to write a verse about a mythical creature they created and I would like them to watch something to help them with expression. I am full of cold so I can't even say words that sound the way they should at the moment otherwise I would do it myself!

2. Does anyone know of any online clips of poetry being performed? My class have to write a verse about a mythical creature they created and I would like them to watch something to help them with expression. I am full of cold so I can't even say words that sound the way they should at the moment otherwise I would do it myself!

3. Hi -

It sounds as though you want visuals as well as audio, but I couldn't resist recommending this performance of Walking With My Iguana by Brian Moses:

http://www.poetryarchive.org/childrensarchive/singlePoem....

I used it with a Year 5 class last year and they loved it, after some initial scepticism from a few of them; they even requested it in subsequent lessons.

4. Hi, the link to the Shopping Trolley poem is actually: http://magazines.scholastic.co.uk/resources/5512
    Enjoy!

5. JosieWhitehead

JosieWhitehead Senior commenter

I write poetry for children and I record poetry every day for children to listen to. I think it is so important that children HEAR poetry well before they read it. I write about many mythical creatures and if you wish to have a recording for a particular day, I'd be glad to put one on my main website. I'm often invited to visit school classrooms and children love to perform one of my poems. If your children can perform one of my poems really well, I'd be delighted if you recorded it and I'd gladly link to it and give the children the credit they deserve. Contact me. I love to be involved with schools. I've been a teacher myself all my working life - and loved it.

6. www.ksresources.co.uk have Performance Poetry planning units for each year group and most have links to videos of the poems being performed.

7. KS2History

KS2History New commenter