1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

KS2 LOOKING AT JAMAICA

Discussion in 'Primary' started by kidteach22, May 25, 2007.

1. Does anyone know of any useful websites/ resources for a 'looking at Jamaica' scheme of work. Specifics would be looking at language, geography, religion and other useful bits of information!
    Thanking you all in advance!

2. Does anyone know of any useful websites/ resources for a 'looking at Jamaica' scheme of work. Specifics would be looking at language, geography, religion and other useful bits of information!
    Thanking you all in advance!

3. There really is very little out there!
    I have just started Surprising Joy by Valerie Bloom and can find lots on Val Bloom but need stuff on jamaican life in particlar

4. madmusician

madmusician New commenter

Hi

I was in Jamaica at Easter and I visited a school. I also have family in Jamaica, one of whom does charity work for the school I visited so may be able to set up contacts. I have pictures and stuff so if it can be of any help, please let me know.

M

5. Yes please!!! We would love it!
    learnwithtrinity@aol.com

I have an epals account too and give postal address as well.

Many Thanks as this will add another element to our understanding of the book and looking at the differences betweeen jamaican life and life here in Southampton for children

6. I'm currently teaching in Key Stage 1, Year 2 and each class is adopting a country when we start back to school in September, my class are learning all about Jamaica and I wondered if there was anyway we could write to or email your contacts. I know it's cheeky but am desperate for some help!!

7. Dear Mad musician,

If its still possible and easy for you, I would love to receive ideal pictures to tecah Key stage children about where jamacia is.

Thanks
    Jane

8. Hi Sarah,

I am currently on placement in Year 2 and wondered whether you happen to still have any resources easily to hand to teach about where Jamacia is? Are you still teaching year 2?

Thanks in advance
    jane

9. moleylong

moleylong New commenter

http://www.sacred-texts.com/afr/jas/

Anansi stories... Kinda like fables but in Jamaican patois.