1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

KS2 literacy week planning

Discussion in 'English' started by lucy1986, May 5, 2012.

1. I am only at school 3 days this week due to bank hol and inset on fri.

I am being observed on Thurs-
    I am currently trying to boost the writing levels in my class.
    Does this sound ok?
    Day 1- Concentrating on setting description, uplevelling a piece of setting description writing and practising writing their own description.

Day 2- Concentrating on character description, uplevelling a piece of character description setting and practising writing their own character description.

Day 3- (observation day)
    Look at a level 3 story starter that describes a setting and introduction to a character- as a class uplevel and say what can be done to make it better.
    Watch a short 30sec video clip which shows a story start. Children to make a bank of WOW words to use in their writing.
    Demonstrate how to start their description through guided write.
    From using their skills from the previous 2 days children are to write their own story starter and continue their stories?

Does that sound ok?
    I am grateful for any advice!

2. I am only at school 3 days this week due to bank hol and inset on fri.

I am being observed on Thurs-
    I am currently trying to boost the writing levels in my class.
    Does this sound ok?
    Day 1- Concentrating on setting description, uplevelling a piece of setting description writing and practising writing their own description.

Day 2- Concentrating on character description, uplevelling a piece of character description setting and practising writing their own character description.

Day 3- (observation day)
    Look at a level 3 story starter that describes a setting and introduction to a character- as a class uplevel and say what can be done to make it better.
    Watch a short 30sec video clip which shows a story start. Children to make a bank of WOW words to use in their writing.
    Demonstrate how to start their description through guided write.
    From using their skills from the previous 2 days children are to write their own story starter and continue their stories?

Does that sound ok?
    I am grateful for any advice!