1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

KS2 - KS3 Transition

Discussion in 'Primary' started by Catherine Fiona, Jan 11, 2009.

1. We had some complaints last year from a couple of parents who thought we didn't prepare their children for secondary school. We want to make sure we don't have the same problem this July and so I wondered if there was anyone could share what they do to prepare the children.
    Thanks

2. We had some complaints last year from a couple of parents who thought we didn't prepare their children for secondary school. We want to make sure we don't have the same problem this July and so I wondered if there was anyone could share what they do to prepare the children.
    Thanks

3. Hi I am looking at this for my Performance management and had discussions with the teacher in charge at our Academy. I am a teacher of the deaf heading a base for deaf students in the academy so need a joint approach. we make numerous visits and return the visits to the academy during y5/6. we hold a summer school for these children also. parents are invited across the 2 years to join in activities in the academy and see the school in action.
    we complete a passport to gain information on the childrne etc.
    If you have any ideas please share them