1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

KS2/KS3 Transition in Corona Virus Times

Discussion in 'Secondary' started by carlie_langille, Mar 23, 2020.

1. carlie_langille

carlie_langille New commenter

Hi all,

I've recently taken on lead of transition and wanted to see how people are going to be carrying on with transition with schools closed down for the foreseeable future. I was thinking about doing some online drop-in style video chats with parents and students to allow them to communicate with us without actually having to risk exposure. What are other schools thinking of doing?

2. ACOYEAR8

ACOYEAR8 Senior commenter

I'm Head of Transition at a school in Kent. Although we have sent our welcome packs etc, we've not been able to even think about this yet. Talk is that current year 7s will still have a term to complete and schools could start academic years in January -it would certainly buy us time.

3. Flanks

Flanks Senior commenter

Nasty idea for Y6 though, have the longest term of the year to twiddle thumbs, will crush their transition even further!

phlogiston likes this.