1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

KS2 French Scheme of Work/Assessment

Discussion in 'Primary' started by slb1986, Sep 30, 2015.

1. slb1986

slb1986 New commenter

Hi,

Just wondered if anyone has a fantastic scheme of work they are using for NC2014 French or, and probably more importantly, assessment schemes?

We are using Lightbulb languages at the minute for progression but not sure this fits the new curriculum well and I really need to find straightforward assessment for KS2 teachers to use as they aren't formally assessing at the moment and to get them to do it it's going to have to be something easy enough i.e. activities linked to objectives that can then be "ticked off".

Thanks.

2. Geekie

Geekie Occasional commenter

Hello slb1986, the Sunderland scheme for KS2 French, now hosted on Light Bulb Languages, was designed here in Sunderland prior to the aborted compulsion of KS2 Languages on 2010. It is closely linked to the KS2 Framework for Languages, which, although technically obsolete, still continues to inform much of the planning and teaching that is taking place. This French scheme is still sound, and represents excellent language progression. It has the songs, poems and rhymes that are required by the new PoS, but lacks the story element. I teach KS2 French myself, and teach an adapted version of this scheme, adapted mainly because of time constraints. I have uploaded my own scheme to Light Bulb Languages, http://www.lightbulblanguages.co.uk/resources-pr-fr-resources.htm#sche, and on these documents you can see the stories that I have been using.

As far as assessment is concerned, I am lucky that my two HTs let me just get on with it. I use a series of "I can" statements, which I record on a spreadsheet each time each child says or writes the objective. You can see my "I can" statements on my scheme that I have just mentioned.

Hope this helps.