1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

KS2 Enterprise Project

Discussion in 'Primary' started by msjr113, Jul 9, 2012.

1. Hi everyone,
    Just hoping to get some an advice on an idea I have had for an extra-curricular activity.
    I am looking to recruit a team of 8ish KS2 pupils to create an enterprise group. Pupils would be charged with coming up with some homemade products they would be able to sell in local stores. I have extensive links in the local business community and would look to capitalise on this. I would only be an adviser, and pupils would pick their own MD, salesmen, product developers etc.
    I think such an activity would not only be enjoyable but also have excellent opportunities for developing PLTS and for pupils personal development.
    Now for the controvertial bit. I would be looking for a contribution of around £10 from parents that would be given to the group as starting capital (not too big a deal - our catchment area is affluent and most EC activities are paid for by parents). If the business is profitable - the £10 would be repaid at some point during the year.
    Many would suggest that the profits from such an enterprise should be given to charity, however I would like the pupils to benefit from their work. Perhaps not by giving them cash directly but by purchasing something like premium bonds/childrens bonus bonds for them so it gives them something for the future. However, I can imagine that this might fall foul of some child labour rule or something like that so was hoping somebody could advise on the legal aspect.