1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

KS2 ENGLISH SAT MARKERS

Discussion in 'Primary' started by cra13, May 15, 2011.

1. cra13

cra13 New commenter

Anybody marking key stage 2 english SATs and would like to become buddies?

2. paulie86

paulie86 New commenter

I am and yes [​IMG]

3. I'm also marking this year :)

4. I'm marking and currently procrastinating tackling my SScripts.

5. markuss

markuss Occasional commenter

Having a year off from NCT, myself.
    Don't procrastinate, MisterF; grit teeth and get on with it. You'll be fine if you've had a good team leader.
    Just awful, isn't it, though, when you've put in your marks, and there are so many screenfuls of text scrolling down - you think you must have had a shocker. Then, at the end, it says, "Carry on"! most of the screenfuls were irrelevant.
    And of course, you've probably already had the S2 pack that warns, "Fail on this and you're out!"
    Good challenge! Keeps you well on your toes. If invited, I'll probably do it again next year. All the best, everyone!

6. me too! Got 2 interviews this week and I next week, as well as sats. Can recommend not putting p scripts in when watching pirates of the carribean! Johnny Deep is far too distracting.

7. I have not even marked P Scripts yet!! :(

8. Done my Ps... got my Ss done - just haven't sent them into the grand computerised "computer says yes or no" beyond yet.

9. cra13

cra13 New commenter

How did you get on with your s scripts?

10. The P ones are much harder - cleared to mark now and chugging along with it.

11. Me too!
    Think I'm going to leave it until tomorrow to tackle the writing....[​IMG]

12. Found the P ones really tricky and was depressed by them as I though I really understood the mark scheme, are the S ones really easier??

13. How is everyone getting on tonight?

Thought I would start the discussion:
    Worst reading question to mark?

14. CarrieV

CarrieV Lead commenter

If any of you come across the pack with the £10 notes inside, they're mine and I'd appreciate a few extra marks for each please!

15. They all do! Thats why we mark them!

16. CarrieV

CarrieV Lead commenter

Damm, I told my Head we would have put the 1:1 tuition money to better use by sending it off with the papers but she wasn't having it!

17. After finding the P tricky - I did ok... yippe and my leader said that the mistakes I made were common ones, feeling better!

18. cra13

cra13 New commenter

Im waiting to hear from my supervisor. She is checking my writing marks before i submit them.

19. paulie86

paulie86 New commenter

Phew, after failing the P scripts I have passed standardisation. What a relief!

20. cra13

cra13 New commenter

I don't dare press the submit button!