1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

KS2 EAL advice - NQT!!

Discussion in 'Teaching overseas' started by redpanda1987, Feb 17, 2011.

1. I have a new student in my class. This child only began to learn in English last month and I have been using a word level approach in my teaching (labelling pictures from ORT books with vocabulary followed by writing sentences + lots of talking) however I feel I could be doing much more... Can anyone suggest any classroom language programs or does anyone have any useful planning to my TA could be using to work with him?

2. I have a new student in my class. This child only began to learn in English last month and I have been using a word level approach in my teaching (labelling pictures from ORT books with vocabulary followed by writing sentences + lots of talking) however I feel I could be doing much more... Can anyone suggest any classroom language programs or does anyone have any useful planning to my TA could be using to work with him?

3. MisterMaker

MisterMaker Occasional commenter

If you are an NQT & overseas I can understand the need to ask, you're likely to have found yourself in a pispor school without support.
    If you are in the UK, it's a different kettle of fish.

4. brigelle

brigelle New commenter

MisterMaker...for someone who claims to be a head teacher....you need to use spell check.

5. Does pisspoor get through the mods?

6. Or **** poor?

7. Well, *** me!