1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

KS2 Athletics - Anyone remember the 10 step scheme????

Discussion in 'Physical education' started by jevick, Jun 11, 2007.

1. We used to do this -maybe six or seven years ago- it was really good because it started in Y3 and pupils strived to improve their own performance in various events over the four KS2 years. There were also lots of links to maths because pupils measured and timed each other. Certificates were awarded etc etc

Think it might have been sponsored by the RAF or someone. Have www searched but no joy.

If you have any info ... please post here

I am also posting on PE thread

2. We used to do this -maybe six or seven years ago- it was really good because it started in Y3 and pupils strived to improve their own performance in various events over the four KS2 years. There were also lots of links to maths because pupils measured and timed each other. Certificates were awarded etc etc

Think it might have been sponsored by the RAF or someone. Have www searched but no joy.

If you have any info ... please post here

I am also posting on PE thread

3. The sponsor was IBM.

4. Flux

Flux New commenter

Hi - we did this whole school this year and was very successful - it is sponsered by Sainsburys - you can do indoor or outdoor or both - can send off for badges and they are good quality - do a google search for English Athletics Associastion

5. we still use 10 steps in Year 3 - the original certificates are long gone but the teacher makes her own using publisher . I'll try and have a chat with her tomorrow and get some info for you

Smiley :eek:)

6. jevick - I have the whole Ten Step programme, disc, scoring charts, loading instructions etc etc. You're welcome to have it, I've given up teaching but am hopless at clearing things out.
    Let me know your email/contact and I will send it to you !

7. ^
    I'm here to help, where have you gone jevick?

8. 4 years on I know but I am looking for any information anyone may have on the Ten Step Scheme - I have some sort of scoring sheet but not a lot else - can anyone tell me anything about it please? Are there any certificates?

9. gogojonny

gogojonny New commenter

This is now the aviva athletics scheme. Go to uk athletics and search for aviva academy. It now goes to step 10 then is followed by bronze, silver, gold. There is a 5 event version and a 10 event version. Costs £30 to sign up, and certificates and badges are extra. You could make your own but my lot were well impressed with the official looking badges and posh certificate.

It is the best scheme out there. Indoor sports hall, outdoor track and field and also an endurance award. There is 18 weeks minimum work out of it!