1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

KS2/3 Science

Discussion in 'Welcome lounge and forum help' started by samk123, Sep 29, 2009.

1. samk123

samk123 New commenter

Hi,
    I need some advice currently I am studying KS2/3 PGCE in science, my first placement is in a secondary school and second I have requested to be in a middle as otherwise I have to do that in a primary school.
    I am interested in teaching in a secondary school but due to some glitch in my application the institute gave me a place on this KS2/3 route and also due to my degree class not meeting the entrance criteria they gave me this route to pursue. I thought I was able to transfer later but I am unable to do so I have to stick to this route. My concern was will I be able to get a job in a secondary school easily and will I be able to teach students on KS4 later on in my career if I wished to do so? What can I do to increase my chances of being able to get a job in a secondary school later? I would like to do my NQT in a secondary school will that be possible.

I would appreciate accurate and informative advice.
    Thanks

2. samk123

samk123 New commenter

Hi,
    I need some advice currently I am studying KS2/3 PGCE in science, my first placement is in a secondary school and second I have requested to be in a middle as otherwise I have to do that in a primary school.
    I am interested in teaching in a secondary school but due to some glitch in my application the institute gave me a place on this KS2/3 route and also due to my degree class not meeting the entrance criteria they gave me this route to pursue. I thought I was able to transfer later but I am unable to do so I have to stick to this route. My concern was will I be able to get a job in a secondary school easily and will I be able to teach students on KS4 later on in my career if I wished to do so? What can I do to increase my chances of being able to get a job in a secondary school later? I would like to do my NQT in a secondary school will that be possible.

I would appreciate accurate and informative advice.
    Thanks

3. TES_Community

TES_Community Administrator

Hi
    If you would like expert advice, you may find it useful to post this in the Career clinic forum where Professor John Howson is on hand twice a week to answer career questions. Alternatively you may wish to post in one of the other Career forums.
    Best wishes
    Bev, Community Manager