1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

KS2/1 Warmup song - Can you help me?

Discussion in 'Music' started by gruffaloschild, Jun 21, 2011.

1. gruffaloschild

gruffaloschild New commenter

Hi, I have quite a few different warm ups but I remember one a vocal teacher used with my children last year which starts 'I turned on the television and what did I see, singing a little song looking right back at me...' then the chldn have to sing the chorus as a ghost, princess, witch, etc. I have tried looking at musicroom (e.g. Singing Sherlock) but have no idea what book this is in and can't see it listed in any books - if anyone does know where it comes from I would really like to get my hands on this.

Thank you. GC

2. gruffaloschild

gruffaloschild New commenter

Hi, I have quite a few different warm ups but I remember one a vocal teacher used with my children last year which starts 'I turned on the television and what did I see, singing a little song looking right back at me...' then the chldn have to sing the chorus as a ghost, princess, witch, etc. I have tried looking at musicroom (e.g. Singing Sherlock) but have no idea what book this is in and can't see it listed in any books - if anyone does know where it comes from I would really like to get my hands on this.

Thank you. GC

3. merturtle

merturtle New commenter

Singing Sherlock 4 I believe - the kids love it!!

4. Haven't heard of that one but one my kids like is 'Bob's got a head like a ping pong ball, Bob's got a head like a ping pong ball, Bob's got a head like a ping pong ball, like a ping, like a ping pong ball. Like a ping, like a ping, like a ping pong ping pong ping pong ping pong ping pong ball etc.....to the tune of William Tell. Then get them to sing again without the pings, pongs etc. Then put them in pairs and get one to be a 'pinger' and the other a 'ponger'. Obviously replace the name 'Bob' with something else if any child in the room is called that! I've used my name to replace it before :)

5. marlin

marlin Star commenter Forum guide

Or you can sing Bob's got a head like a pong ping ball! So confusing - but great fun! [​IMG]

6. Give it a go Marlin :) There's a little run down to link the two sections, (if in C e.g.) which is C Bb A G F E D Db C. To the rhythm of dotted crotchet, quaver, dotted crotchet, quaver, quaver, quaver, quaver, quaver, minim . 'Ping. pong, ping, pong, ping, pong, ping, pong ball'. :)

7. marlin

[​IMG] Yep, I've done that - and changed from ping pong ball to pong ping ball after the run down.

8. Ooooo, I haven't tried that last bit, I shall experiment with my singing class in the morning :)

9. Lolol! Just made my day! Junior singing tomorrow and 120 kids won't know what hit them!

10. netmum

netmum New commenter

We use he ping pong ball and the turn n th television onetoo. My children also do the television one at school.
    I really like the warm up and stomp canon from Junior Voiceworks too.

11. I would love to hear 120 of them at it :)

12. I did this today with my rockers and sat back and watched the mental torment. If there was a mosh pit they may have happily chucked me into it. They got in the end, after much hilarity and pretend Dick Darstadly impressions :)

13. marlin

I was wondering how it went! I did say it was confusing, but fun! [​IMG]