1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Ks1 Writing

Discussion in 'Primary' started by pipc, Jun 21, 2011.

1. Hi, I have never posted before but I am struggling to think of any ideas. I have an interview for a KS1 post later this week and I am struggling to think of an idea for the teaching part of my interview. All I have been given is that it is a mixed yr1/2 class and to focus on writing, but having been in Foundation Stage for so long I am struggling a little with the differentiation of the task. I have decided on writing an ending to a story, so I will read part of a story to the whole class and they will go away and write the ending, but how can I differentate this so that higher ability Yr2 and lower Yr1 all achieve?

2. Hi, I have never posted before but I am struggling to think of any ideas. I have an interview for a KS1 post later this week and I am struggling to think of an idea for the teaching part of my interview. All I have been given is that it is a mixed yr1/2 class and to focus on writing, but having been in Foundation Stage for so long I am struggling a little with the differentiation of the task. I have decided on writing an ending to a story, so I will read part of a story to the whole class and they will go away and write the ending, but how can I differentate this so that higher ability Yr2 and lower Yr1 all achieve?

3. char2505

char2505 New commenter

I would tend to differentiate by open ended success criteria in this situation.
    E.g. everyone must use an exciting adjective
    Most of you will use an exciting verb.....
    Some of you will use an adverb (not sure if that fits for Y2 though).
    Personally I would probably show a clip of the start of a story on IWB, then my story tellling of this part of story (modelling the features I wanted to focus on), thneget chn to continue.
    Only ideas though! Good luck.