1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

KS1 Story Writing frame...any examples?

Discussion in 'Primary' started by Gabrielle87, Jan 4, 2010.

1. Hi everyone, hope you had a good christmas. I'm an NQT and I'm looking for a story writing frame. I have a year one class and next week I would like the children to write story. One or two sentences for the begining, middle and end. The story is based on the three little pigs. I wonder if anyone has something similar or a template that I could give the children. I really want to them to remember those three parts. I was going to split an A4 page in three but hoped someone had something better. Thank you!
    Hope you can help!

2. Hi everyone, hope you had a good christmas. I'm an NQT and I'm looking for a story writing frame. I have a year one class and next week I would like the children to write story. One or two sentences for the begining, middle and end. The story is based on the three little pigs. I wonder if anyone has something similar or a template that I could give the children. I really want to them to remember those three parts. I was going to split an A4 page in three but hoped someone had something better. Thank you!
    Hope you can help!

3. comenius

comenius New commenter

Make them a little book shaped like one of the 3 pigs houses
    Front cover - title and name
    3 pages - page 1 for beginning, page 2 for middle and page 3 for end.
    Leave space on the pages for pictures. SEN/LA could just draw a picture for each page and label.
    My class love writing in little books - makes them feel like proper authors - and a bit more interesting than a sheet of paper!

4. http://www.woodlands-junior.kent.sch.uk/interactive/text.htm#1

Seems to have a couple of littel pigs links
    Am new here so do hope it is ok to link to school resources like this
    I think they are from crickweb

5. I literally just created a page with two boxes - one for writing and one for a picture. Then had two copies of this for the middle and end, and one with an extra 'title' box for the beginning...it doesnt have to be anything snazzy. We also wrote our beginnings one day, focussing on introducing the character and setting, the middles the next day focussing on a problem, and our endings the next day when we resolved the problem. If each section is a page long they then have enough room to extend their writing if they are able. Too many boxes and too much complication will just confuse them, keep it simple.

6. I also make mine little books. I have found that Y1 lower ability find it easier to do the beginning, then the end and then do the middle last. x