1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

KS1 Sats

Discussion in 'Primary' started by Milgod, May 24, 2011.

1. Milgod

Milgod Established commenter

Howdy all,

Just a quick question about KS1 Sats. If you do the 2007 writing, does that mean you would do the 2007 reading and maths as well? Or are you allowed to mix and match?

2. Milgod

Milgod Established commenter

Howdy all,

Just a quick question about KS1 Sats. If you do the 2007 writing, does that mean you would do the 2007 reading and maths as well? Or are you allowed to mix and match?

3. You can mix and match as long as you do the same year long writing, short and spelling so you can get an overall score to level. I've done the 2009 level 2 reading 2007 level 3 reading and 2009 maths.

4. You can use either the 2007 or 2009...we are doing 2009 reading/writing/spelling...and 2007 maths.

5. Actually i have another question though (sorry to pinch your thread but this seems a good place to ask!) If a child sits the reading Level 2 test...but then doesnt quite get a level 2 (e.g. gets between 0-7 marks when they need 8 for a 2C) Do i then need to go back and do a reading task? Or can I just assume that if they got 5 marks then they are a 1A?

6. Advice to us from the LEA is that you don't need to do another test. In the same way that if someone took the the Level 2 and got max marks, you wouldn't need to get them to do the Level 3 test, as it is just part of the assessment picture, so you would give your TA level. I understand that some schools do it differently, but in Oxfordshire that is a great emphasis on it being just one little piece of your assessment jigsaw.

7. In our borough children have to do the level 3 paper to even be considered as working at a level 3 in teacher assessment.
    In the same respect, if we have children that we are going to say are level 1 we have to do the tasks, regardless of what happened in the level 2 papers.