1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

KS1 SATs writing task non chronological report night time

Discussion in 'Primary' started by Deblin, Apr 8, 2009.

1. Hi,
    I havent seen the teacher pack yet- does it have to be nocturnal animals or can it be based on our class topic- rainforests?
    I would really appreciate some planning to help me- in return I can offer planning fo topics like pirates and rainforests which you could use in the future!!!!

c.c.hall6@btinternet.com thank you in advance

2. helskie26

helskie26 New commenter

I will try my best to clarify a few things. As far as I am aware it does need to be on nocturnal animals as that is the task set. You can pre-teach the features of non-chronological reports and they can write a practise report but not on the topic of nocturnal animals and not in the week before you are going to do the long task.
    There have been lots of posts on this topic on here recently so if you do a search some good stuff will come up. I am getting my class to research nocturnal animals as part of our science topic. There is a really good website with webllinks on by cheeky monkey
    http://tinyurl.com/ctvcoh that the children can use to research facts.
    Hope this helps a little.

3. Hi there
    I am currently planning for SATS & really struggling with how to approach this task. Does anyone have any plans they would be willing to share?

4. Hi there,

I'd love a copy of these, thanks

Liz