1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

KS1 SATs what info do you give to parents?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by coco and crusty, Mar 1, 2011.

1. coco and crusty

coco and crusty New commenter

I recently moved schools and am now in year 2. as previous school we have always done a SATs info evening for parents though as in a new school (with pushy parents) not sure if it is necessary. I don't want parents to build it up to be more than it is.
    What do other people do? do you still have info evenigns even though it is more on teacher assessment rather than the tests? Do you give out an information booklet instead? Do you do nothing?
    I was also thinking about how you actually administer them? Do you sit the children individually or do you just do them in their normal groups? A bit worried about copying.
    Thanks

2. lardylady

lardylady Lead commenter

We don't have a Parents meeting as it is kept very low key. As for the administering of the tests, we are given 4 days cover to take the children out in small groups and do the tests in a quiet room. Last year, children were taken out in groups of 6 to do the maths and the reading tests. The writing tests were done with the whole class.

3. We don't have any formal meetings with parents or hand anything out to them, but will answer questions if they have any.
    The children are sat in rows at individual tables so that they can work on their own.

4. coco and crusty

coco and crusty New commenter

Thanks for the info. It is really useful. Don't want to do a parents meeting if I don't need to. I'm still not sure how we will administe them but it is good to know different ways that people do these things.

Thanks
    coco