1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the new look TES Community!

Don't forget to look at the how to guide in the welcome lounge and help forum.

KS1 SATS - nocturnal animals web links

Discussion in 'Primary' started by cheekymonkeyman, Apr 19, 2009.

1. I've put together some nocturnal animals web links for my class to research this topic next week and thought other year 2 teachers might find it useful too....
    http://tinyurl.com/ctvcoh

2. Thank you so much for this. Just what I was looking for

3. Twinkles

Twinkles New commenter

What a great idea! Thank you very much. You've given me an idea about how to cover this in my gardening topic......how can we make our garden more attractive to nocturnal animals? Maybe make a bat box? A hedgehog house? I'm getting excited now!! Thanks a million [​IMG]

4. Thank you, that's very useful and thoughtful

5. I'm going to ask my class to find out facts about the animals from the links and jot them on a research sheet. There's a copy of the sheet here if you'd like it
    http://tinyurl.com/dm9593

6. Thank you so much! I am sure there will be many Y2 teachers who will access your resources. It is fantastic of you to share.
    Unfortunately I can't access the sheet to go with it. Is it just me?

7. Thank you, again! Working fine now. Did have problems with pdf files yesterday - my computer likes to have 'temper tantrums' !!

8. Cheeky monkey you are an absolute star! Fantastic links, thank you.

9. I owe you a banana cheeky
    just what I needed thanks alot

10. Thank you very much. You are a star!!

11. Thanks so much for sharing, this is going to be so useful and save a lot of time trawling the web!

12. Thank you SO much - this is going to make it really fun for the children to research from!

13. I can't get that at all - at home my pc refuses to go there at school the server refuses also with messages about spyware, how do i get there to look? please

14. Glad to see that people are finding the links useful!
    Sorry oingy - no idea why that is.
    I have now added some quizzes to the links to help the children remember some of the facts. Hope you find these useful too!

15. Cheekymonkeyman, I have never seen your website before, and can I say a big thank you. It looks amazing and thanks so much for the websites for the sats writing task that will make my life 100 times easier in a few weeks, I am eternally grateful. Think I might be on your website nearlly as much as **********, love the music clips as always looking for them.

16. Can I add my thanks for compiling this list of websites, my children throughly enjoyed their hour in the suite finding facts. My school server unfortunately wouldn't let me use your web page either so I just copied and pasted all the links onto a word document, it didn't look very exciting but the children soon got the hang of clicking on each one. It would have taken ages to find all of these myself and at this time of year all year 2 teachers are desperate for any help, thanks again.

17. Thank you so much! What a lifesaver!!!

18. Thank you so much - you are the answer to all my prayers!

19. Have found another really useful resource - it's a cd that has power point presentations about nocturnal animals as well as examples of non-chron reports. You have to pay 1.50 for the cd and 1.50 for P&P. It's takes a bit of messing around ordering, but well worth it:

http://www.ks1resources.co.uk/page168.html