1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

KS1 SATs - Level 3/ 3b. What do the SATs test banding scores equate to?

Discussion in 'Senior Leadership Team' started by sharon h, May 29, 2011.

1. If a child has just scored within the level 3 band does that mean I cannot deem them to be a Level 3 because they should be a Level 3b, or do the marking thresholds mean they are a 3b even if they have only just scored a Level 3?
    I feel reluctant to level the children who have just scored a Level 3 as a 2A as they are much better than the 2A children.
    I hope the above makes sense and thank you in advance for your responses.

2. If a child has just scored within the level 3 band does that mean I cannot deem them to be a Level 3 because they should be a Level 3b, or do the marking thresholds mean they are a 3b even if they have only just scored a Level 3?
    I feel reluctant to level the children who have just scored a Level 3 as a 2A as they are much better than the 2A children.
    I hope the above makes sense and thank you in advance for your responses.

3. When you input the TA results just L3 is required. The next teacher will want to know 3b bit. Check it is L3 though with a colleague as this child will then have to get L 5 by Y6.

4. It IS a tough call, but one of my criteria as a Year 2 teacher was how confident I felt telling my Year 6 colleague that a particular child would a definite Level 5 in a few year's time...
    Any niggling doubts in the back of my mind meant they stayed 2A!!!!
    C x