1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

KS1 sats 2012

Discussion in 'Primary' started by littlevicki, Feb 18, 2012.

1. Hi,
    I'm starting to do maths tutoring with a Year 2 child tomorrow and have no recent experience of KS1...
    I have downloaded the teachers guide for the 2004 tests and just wanted to double check there have been no major changes since then - I really don't want to tell her soemthing is going to happen which won't, or vice versa...
    (I know the school in question still does the tests in a fairly formal way...)
    Thanks for any info and advice!

2. The more recent tests, which will be used in schools, allow the children to access equipment they would be familiar with (there is a list in the teacher's handbook which includes things like numberlines to 30, 100 squares, cubes etc ) whereas the 2004 test does not. I don't know that much else will be different though.

3. Just to say, only the level 2 test allows this equipment. If the child will be doing level 3 test they can't have hundred square, cubes etc.

4. Twinkles

Twinkles New commenter

However 'formally' the school does the tests, the level reported will still be Teacher Assessment so I can't personally see the point of having tuition for SATS at KS1. I have had several children in the past who have done particularly well on the test, but at moderation I could not award them the level because they did not have sufficent evidence in their books.