1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide in the welcome lounge and help forum.

KS1 SAT 2009

Discussion in 'Primary' started by zafira1, Oct 15, 2008.

1. Hi there.

Trying to find out what the writing is for KS1 2009 SAT.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

2. Hi there.

Trying to find out what the writing is for KS1 2009 SAT.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

3. dusty67

dusty67 New commenter

4. sjw2007

sjw2007 New commenter

Was told on a course last week that you can look at the tasks online but not sure where. If anyone knows would be v. grateful

5. There is a dscription of the 2009 tests on the test orders website https://testorders.naa.org.uk/

You do need your school log in to have a look

We ordered the 2009 tests. Felt it suits our children better than the story and riddle from 07
  6. Hi, wonder if you can help? I am currently working in year 2, & as a school we have opted to do the 2009 writing tasks, however I am really struggling with how I am going to plan & teach these different genres for the tasks. I need to teach the children about night-time animals. Really panicking!!!
  7. As far as I know - you don't have to teach night time animals - that is an example that they use, but you could do an non chronological report about night using different aspects. We have used some wonderful books about a cat called Oscar to do explanations and cover much of our science in Year 2 - Oscar and the cricket, Oscar and the frog. I got them from Amazon. There is an Oscar and the Bat book which is about light and dark - and I am going to use this to explore Night. We are also going on a trip to a planetarium. I felt this was more relevant to my children - they can see the moon and stars and they do know it gets dark at night time. I have heard of other school doing about people who work at night. It is a bizarre choice for the non chronological report - but you can be creative about how you do it.... in my humble opinion!
  8. Hi I have just read that you are doing the ks1 writing tasks this year. We have opted to do the same, last year we enjoyed the riddles and thought the children managed them well. I was just wondering how you are going to introduce writing the story and whether you have any good recommendations of books that support this. Last year we used the Magic Key books which were quite successful but can be a bit bland. I also thought this year of concentrating on the setting changing and doing some work about the jungle before hand to get their imaginations going. I would love to hear any ideas that you can share. Imaginative writing is quite difficult for our children but we didn't really like the other paper in particular writing the non chronological report. Looking forward to hearing from you and let me know if I can help you at all.
  9. porker

porker New commenter

What is the sky?
    Hungry hen
    In the town
    Let's go by train
    Where's my mummy?
    While you were sleeping
  10. Thank you!