1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

KS1 Maths

Discussion in 'Primary' started by star9, May 7, 2012.

1. star9

star9 New commenter

What resources do people use in KS1? Has anyone found anything not worksheet/workbook based that is any good? We have Target and Heinemann but not entirely happy with either of them.
    Thanks

2. star9

star9 New commenter

What resources do people use in KS1? Has anyone found anything not worksheet/workbook based that is any good? We have Target and Heinemann but not entirely happy with either of them.
    Thanks

3. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

We just use the NC levels, the statements from the 'securing level...' documents and our own ideas for activities.

Much harder work than following a scheme, but much better for learning.

We have target in year 5 and 6 and it is great there. Cannot for the life of me imagine using it in KS1 though.

4. star9

star9 New commenter

It's very different for KS1.

5. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

Really? Maybe I should have a look then..

6. star9

star9 New commenter

It depends how you teach your KS1 I suppose. We are quite formal from Y2 and do not like the fact that it is worksheets in Y2. Others will find it too formal. All schools and the pupils in them are different which is probably why no scheme suit anyone perfectly!