1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

KS1 ICT software suggestions

Discussion in 'Primary' started by goosey200, Feb 10, 2012.

1. goosey200

goosey200 New commenter

Hello,
    I have just started working at an international school, teaching ICT to the Infants. This is the first time I have been in charge of an ICT budget and I have to put in a budget request next week. The way it works is that I ask for a bunch of things (within reason) and then the school approves a certain amount of it.
    My school is not that well stocked ICT-wise and doesn't have anything like 2Simple or Textease so I am looking into those. We have a pretty decent paint programme but other than that I rely on either the internet or Microsoft applications (Word etc)
    What I woud like to know is, what software would you recommed that either supports ICT skills or cross-curricular learning or both ideally! I teach even Nursery so any sort of EYFS friendly software recommendations greatly appreciated!
    Thank you

2. goosey200

goosey200 New commenter

Hello,
    I have just started working at an international school, teaching ICT to the Infants. This is the first time I have been in charge of an ICT budget and I have to put in a budget request next week. The way it works is that I ask for a bunch of things (within reason) and then the school approves a certain amount of it.
    My school is not that well stocked ICT-wise and doesn't have anything like 2Simple or Textease so I am looking into those. We have a pretty decent paint programme but other than that I rely on either the internet or Microsoft applications (Word etc)
    What I woud like to know is, what software would you recommed that either supports ICT skills or cross-curricular learning or both ideally! I teach even Nursery so any sort of EYFS friendly software recommendations greatly appreciated!
    Thank you

3. goosey200

goosey200 New commenter

Thank you!
    I;ve been weighing up 2Simple vs Textease and, having never really used either in detail before I've settled for Textease as it's cheaper - would you recommend 2Simple over Textease?

4. becktonboy

becktonboy New commenter

I've got a list in my coordinator's toolkit if you would like one? see thread for email address.