1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

ks1 How many do you anticipate will get expected at EOY?

Discussion in 'Primary' started by Rayndrop88, Mar 24, 2016.

1. Rayndrop88

Rayndrop88 New commenter

Pretty much what the title says really. What percentage of children of your class do you think will get expected at the end of the year? I don't just mean in the test I also mean on your teacher assessment.
    I have no idea if my numbers are wildly out and would love to have a better idea of how it is going across other schools.

2. Camokidmommy

Camokidmommy Established commenter

We only have 9 year 2s but of these 2 will meet EOY, 4 may get it, but 3 definately won't! And it's not for lack of trying on anyone's part.....

Am sure you feel better now! Surely as a percentage yours aren't as bad!

3. lardylady

lardylady Star commenter

We worked it out as 53% and began to panic.

4. whitestag

whitestag Senior commenter

I'm not ks1 but I lead assessment and we figured it out at something like 45%. But that's fine, the children are what they are. Nothing wrong with the teacher. They've evidently made good progress but some of them just won't get there in time. I think sometimes you just have to shrug your shoulders.

5. hotchoc6

hotchoc6 Occasional commenter

Do you mean that you expect 45% to achieve working at the expected level in Year 2?

6. whitestag

whitestag Senior commenter

Yes.

7. peppermint-tea

peppermint-tea New commenter

I think about half of my class will be secure year 1 by the end of the year. Hopefully more but I just don't know.