1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

KS1 History of transport

Discussion in 'Primary' started by Clemmie, Feb 9, 2007.

1. Anyone have any plans? I have handed this over to my supply for the next half term and as she has only been used to working from QCQ is a bit stuck. Seems a great topic to be doing and links well to Science - Forces and Movement and D+T vehicles.

2. Anyone have any plans? I have handed this over to my supply for the next half term and as she has only been used to working from QCQ is a bit stuck. Seems a great topic to be doing and links well to Science - Forces and Movement and D+T vehicles.

3. hi sparkles28
    I was reading the forum and saw ur reply to an earlier post, i know it was a LOONNNNGGG time ago but i am doing the transport topic also and would love to have a look at what you have if you dont mind?
    My email is fazvali@hotmail.com
    thank you![​IMG]

4. karentee

karentee New commenter

we do lots of work on the Wright brothers, children design and make their own model planes! Also visit a local steam train and have a day riding on it, looking at the old fashioned stations, watching the engine being turned etc have also doen work on titanic before with years 1/2

5. Hi sparkles28,
    I've just been reading through these posts as I'm doing a topic on transport with a primary 1 and 2 class. I realise a few years have passed but if you are still willing to share your ideas I'd love to have a look.
    Kind regards,
    Grace

6. hey, I have never written on here before but am doing the Transport topic at the moment and would be happy to email the MTP. I apologise if i don't reply as once im out of this forum im not sure I will come back to it. But send me your email just incase.
    J

7. Hamilton have really good ideas in their KS1 topic section. Did transport last half term using some of their ideas and doing it cross curricular. Some good stories to use are John Burningham's Oi Get Off Our Train and Mr Gumpy's Motor Car. Also used Oliver Jeffers (love,love,love) story about flying to the moon. We made paper planes and had a competition outside, made zig zag books about a story involving a boat and lots of other lovely things. Loved it. Transport then fed nicely into our Great Fire of London topic this half term and history of the fire engine.

8. Hey, I would be teaching the Topic on transportation through history/ geography with my year 2 pupils would really appreciate if you could email anything in regards to this topic.My email address is degirl79@yahoo.com.
    Many thanks for your help.
    Dayo xx